Chelsea Tavern is a place for a simple appetizer and a beer, a place to graze and share small plates or a setting to experience a more traditional lunch or dinner. Beverage highlights include great cocktails, amazing 31 tapped handcrafted beers, superb wines by the glass… all may be enjoyed alone or as a complement to our handcrafted original menus featuring the best in gastro-comfort cuisine with a twist.
Eat / Drink
Chelsea Tavern is a fun, high energy ingredient driven casual gastropub located in the heart of Wilmington’s downtown. Directly across from The Grand Opera House. Chelsea Tavern is the perfect choice for pre & post show dining as well as business and social dining and special events and occasions.
Owner Scott Morrison was drawn to the exciting urban renaissance in Wilmington and brings many years of restaurant experience (Nectar Berwyn - tastenectar.com) among others. “We want Chelsea Tavern to fit like a glove, have something for everyone and appeal to all audiences young and old”
Chelsea Tavern has assembled a talented team polished enough to deliver a slow-paced romantic dinner for two or a top quality handcrafted meal to be briskly enjoyed on the way to your favorite show. Service at Chelsea is attentive, knowledgeable, friendly & sincere. Our menu is casual, with a mixture of both the eclectic & accessible. Our beverage selection is dramatic, featuring 31 craft beers on tap, 60+ more by the bottle & 21 wines by the glass!
At Chelsea Tavern, we look forward to serving you soon!
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Comfort Food
- Neighborhood: Downtown Heart of Wilmington
- Cross Street: Between West 8th & West 9th
- Price: $30 and under
- Hours of Operation:
- Lunch: Monday–Friday: 11:30am–4pm
- Dinner: Monday–Wednesday: 4pm–Late,
- Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am–2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Outdoor Alfresco Eating and Drinking Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Rooms, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Public Transit: Chelsea Tavern is located at the heart of North Market Street 2 blocks from the Dart Bus Hub at Rodney Square & 8 blocks from the Wilmington Train Station.
- Parking: Chelsea Tavern Pays your Parking in Public Lot at Doubletree (up to 2 hours at lunch and after 5PM - with ticket - $3 deducted from your bill)
- Parking Details: Street parking is available along with a public lot directly behind Chelsea Tavern located on Shipley Street.
- Catering: Chelsea Tavern is a full service caterer including corporate drop-offs, office buffets and full-service plated affairs. We accommodate up to 65 seated in our Private Dining Room, as well as, providing our exclusive catering service to all spaces available at The Grand Opera House, located directly across Market Street, which accommodate up to 1000.
- Private Party Facilities: Chelsea Tavern offers two private dining rooms located on our lower level. The Wine Cellar is perfect for intimate gatherings, family dinners or business functions up to 12 guests. The Underground is ideal for larger seated groups up to 65 & cocktail parties to 100 guests. We will work with you to design the perfect menu for your special occasion, or choose from menus in our events package. Both rooms are completely private, handicapped accessible & in close proximity to restrooms. A/V is available at a nominal fee
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Scovill 302.482.3333